Thursday, August 13, 2009

Love and respect Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

Dr. Eggerichs book Love and Respect has got to be one of the best and most obvious books I've ever read. Although I have had these arguments he talks about in his book a million times I never would have thought about the love and respect aspect of it. Of course there's always underlying issues in arguments between couples but I've never really understood what they were. So many times through out this book I could place myself in those stories. I honestly never really knew that men interpreted a woman as disrespecting him during arguments. He uses a firm base of scripture (that really should have been obvious as God put it right there in Ephesians lol) This is an awesome read for anyone who is struggling in their marriage or just wants more out of their marriage. It really does give a greater understanding to what couples are really fighting about. Not only that, he also talks about how we can meet each others needs for love and respect. Not that this book will solve your problems overnight, but its a really really really good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment