Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fearless by Max Lucado

I am a huge fan of Max Lucado, so when the chance came up to review a book of his I jumped at the opportunity. He is a Man of God who has been blessed with wisdom and insight into the word. I eagerly looked forward to reading another book of his. When the book first arrived, I was excited to see it, but I was also thinking "I don't have an issue with fear". So while I expected a good read, I really didn't expect it to be of any benefit to me. Surprisingly to me I was wrong lol. I found that I do live in fear in certain areas of my life. He covers a large variety of ways that we accept fear into our lives and live with it. Thinking that this is a normal part of life and you just deal. But God never intended for us to live a life of fear, Max looks at this and shows us the lies we believe. I'd read and quoted the verse, "my thoughts are not your thoughts, my ways are not your thoughts" hundreds of times. But never really realized what it all ment. Those times when I feel that I've disapointed God and live in fear of being a disapointment. God says "my thoughts are not your thoughts". I don't want to give away all the book because I think it is of great benefit to everyone who reads it. Even those who feel it isn't an issue in their life. Walking without fear would be awesome and Max Lucado gives us the tools to realize the fear in our lives and points us in the right direction to leave that fear behind. A great great great read! Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment