Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Hidden flame

I just finished reading the book The Hidden Flame by Davis Bunn & Janette Oke. When I first started this book I was disappointed. I'm not normally a fan of books set in Bible times as I get frustrated if it doesn't follow the Bible's account of things well. I find it a very hard style of writing to get into. But I decided to give it a go anyway and start keep reading it. Once I got a few chapters into this book, I was captivated! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. The authors do an excellent job of writing as well as following what the Bible says happened. It really does well complimenting the actual events recorded in the Bible! The story was awesome and so encouraging. I loved how it just made your imagination think about how the disciples acted and talked. I also loved the way they described the miracles that happened. (well yes I know the book is fiction lol, but I just love how they described the events, makes you feel like you were there with them). The story is about a young woman named Abigail, who's beauty has won over a couple of men who wish to marry her. Can't really say any more than that lol, don't want to give away the book! I can say though, this is so much more than a romance novel! I dislike romance novels (they seem so shallow and silly) but this one while yes it does involve some romance goes so much deeper than that! I highly recommend this book. Its a very enjoyable experience!

*Available now at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

1 comment:

  1. Janette Oak is such a magical story teller, I am not surprised you enjoyed her work with Davis Bunn. I haven't read any of these co written books, but your review has inspired me. I think I will go look this one up!

    ReplyDelete