Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Essentials for Life, Your Back-to-Basics Guide to What Matters Most

Essentials for Life, Your back-to-basics guide to what matters most, by Marcia Ford. I've been waiting for this book and excited to read it. So much so that I found a website on line that has a full copy you can read on line (they have copy right permission to do so) so I could start it before my book arrived lol. Marcia's book goes through a series of questions on different aspects of life and also attempts to answer them. By far my favorite is the very first chapter which addresses the question "what is the meaning of your life?" she answers it so simply and so beautifully as well as correctly teaching scripture that covers that subect as well. I honestly loved what she has done in this book. I'm not a fan of most devotional books as I find there's not much substance in them. But Marcia's book just seems like more than a devotional, you can almost feeling like you're sitting in the room with Marcia as she's talking to you teaching you about yourself. She asks you to look into your beliefs find out what you really believe, how do you really see God? etc.. This book will be well treasured for years to come. Thank you blogsneeze for giving me this book to read, I'm sure in no time its pages will be weathered as I refer back to it time and time again. Well Done Marcia Ford.

1 comment: