Sunday, March 28, 2010

Plain Paradise, by Beth Wiseman

 Plain Paradise is about a young amish woman named Linda, who finds out when her biological mothers comes knocking at their door that she's adopted. Linda goes through all the emotions of just finding out this news and coming to terms with what kind of relationship she will have with this woman who's just entered her life.  As well as dealing with her own relationship with the man she hopes to marry.
     Josie, was forced to give up her child 17 years ago when she found herself 17 years old and pregnant. Through the years she often thought of her daughter "Helen", wondering what she looked like, what was she like, etc.. But now a sense of urgency has hit that she needs to finally meet her daughter before its too late. Not only does she meet her daughter, but Josie also rediscovers a relationship she'd abandoned years ago, the most important relationship of all.
     I can't even begin to explain how excited I was to see a book by Beth Wiseman offered for review, I fell in love with her writing when I first read Plain Pursuit. So dove into this book to discover that it was a part of a series that included Plain Pursuit, so got to read more about the characters I enjoyed so much from the last book. I love this book, I could read it over and over again. Beth Wiseman does such a great job at making amish life look so intriguing and explains it so well. This book is a must for for anyone who enjoys a good christian fiction novel. Not only this book but the whole series is a must! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the last book in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment