Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mystically Wired, exploring new realms in prayer, by Ken Wilson

I'm not finding this an easy review to write. Not because the book wasn't well done, it was very well written! I completely appreciate the different techniques that Wilson gives to help you better relax and concentrait while praying! My only problem is this, when Christ died on the cross, he freely gave us the gifts. While we have to accept them, there is no pattern or earning technique to achieve them. You have to be very careful while reading this book not to take a legalistic approach to putting into practice what he's saying. (not that I"m saying Ken wilson's book is legalistic, I don't think it is, he has the right heart behind it) Christ said "freely you have recieved, freely give" When God gives some one a revelation, there is no pattern for someone else to recieve that same revelation. For example when you can't follow steps 1 2 3 4 and you get the revelation. It doesn't work that way. That is my concern with this book. That people might use it in such a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment