Monday, June 28, 2010

Out of the spin cycle

Out of the spin cycle, by Jen Hatmaker. I generally as a rule, do not read devotional books. Mostly because I'm not looking for "fluffy" devotions, that give you a line of scripture and spout off something that really won't benefit your walk with Jesus. Well I think Jen Hatmaker's book is the exception to that rule!! I loved this! She is hilarious, I would love to read more material or even hear her speak sometime! She keeps things very real in this book, and its not a feel good book. She's calling things as they are in this book! It is a very Bold book (by bold I mean there's no fear of offending people in her writing) and the insight she has is amazing! My absolute favorite part of this book is where she compares mommy wars to Pharisee's! (see told you she's an awesome writer lol). This book looks to take moms to a real relationship, with each other and with Jesus.  There's a lot of hard truths in here that need to be heard. I would highly recommend this book! Especially to anyone doing a moms group or a woman's bible study group, this book is sure to benefit its readers! BUY IT!!!!!


Available now at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment