Monday, September 13, 2010

Immanuel's Veins

Immanuel's Veins, by Ted Dekker. In this book we meet Toma and Alek sent by the queen to protect twin sisters Natasha and Lucine.  Both are immeadiately struck by the twins and fall for them. But it also seems a neighbor has also fallen for them, one who is mysterious and dark and quite alluring. We follow them against this fight over evil.
 In all honesty, I found it so hard to get into in the beginning and even after reading it, I still wasn't terribly impressed. Its not that I was offended by the gore or anything of it, I wasn't. I just found it hard to follow and couldn't really get into the story. I don't generally read Ted Dekker books so I don't know if this is just the style of  Dekker's writing, or if its something different then normal. Its well written, I just didn't enjoy the story very much. I'd say its worth a read, but maybe just try borrowing it rather than purchasing it (unless you get a sale). I hate not giving great reviews, but I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy this book.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad so many people like you have read and reviewed this book! Even if you don't like it all that much its great to have people exposed to Dekker's work. Perhaps you will pick up a Dekker book in the future that you will love. In my opinion Immanuel's Veins was wonderful and I can't wait for more Ted Dekker novels to come! I posted my review of Immanuel's Veins at fablefreak.wordpress.com check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard great things about his books, but I imagine its just the style is not one I'm fond of.

    ReplyDelete