Monday, October 18, 2010

Adventures in Booga Booga Land - Volume 1

I recieved this DVD from Thomas Nelson for reviewing. I'd never heard of this cartoon before, but I have young children and am always looking for Chrisitan based stuff for them to watch! We just recieved it on friday and I think we've watched it about 6 times! My children are ages 4 and 6 and they love it! Its definately geared towards that age group (as far as the format of the cartoon, being able to hold attention). The characters in this movie retell 3 parables from scripture in cartoon format! The building your house on a rock parable. The parable about the workers who all got paid the same although worked different hours. The parable of the lamp under the bowl.
 While we really enjoyed this movie and its a good clean show for kids (there is one insult at one point where the monkey calls his teacher a square, not a bad insult lol, but an insult none the less!), the only problem that I had is that it doesn't really mention scripture in the movie at all. You're not really going to understand that this is based on scripture unless your kids really know those stories to begin with! I would have like to have seen scripture told in the movie better! But I still liked the movie and its a great resource for your children, especially if accompanied by teaching the parables!

No comments:

Post a Comment