Friday, February 25, 2011

Promises to Keep

Promises to Keep, by Ann Tatlock. Roz watched as they pulled away and left their life behind. She watched her father break down sobbing on their front porch as her mother drove away with her, her sister and her brother, never to return to him. She understood some what why her mom would want to leave, her father could be a really scary guy, but he had good points about him too. And she missed him terribly. They moved close to where her grandfather lived, with his help. Unexpectedly Tillie, the elderly lady they bought the house from, returns to the house demanding that its still hers. Things end up working out with Tillie though as Roz's mom needs to work and needs some one to watch the kids, so Tillie moves in! Roz also meets a best friend! One who understands what its like not to have her father near! So they make a pact to pray for each other's dad to come back to them! Roz gets a surprise when she finds her father in their small town! Although he makes her promise that she won't tell anyone he's there. He promises her that he'll be back with them soon and they'll all be together forever!
   This was an unbelievable book! I loved it! it was so suspensful and had me almost yelling at my book for Roz to stop keeping this secret! It is such a captivating book! I couldn't put it down and when I did finish I found myself sad that it was all done lol. I highly recommend reading this book, you won't be disapointed in it! I can't wait to get my hands on more books by this author!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment