Monday, October 17, 2011

The Colonel's Lady

The Colonel's Lady, by Laura Frantz. In this novel we meet Roxanna Rowan, travelling to reach Kentucky fort, to reunite with her father. Upon arriving at the fort Roxanna is stunned to discover that her father had been killed. With out any way to leave or any money support herself on she is forced to stay at the fort. Continuing her father's job as Colonel Mclinn's scrivener, she may just learn the truth of her father's death and the power of love and forgiveness.
     Now, I'm in a pickle with this book lol. I dislike romance novels, even novels that are well written romance novels. This is definately a romance novel, but Laura Frantz has such a strong talent for writing that she draws you into her story. You feel the emotions, you feel like you are with Roxanna the entire time. So while I'm not a fan of the romance aspect of the novel, I have to say I am a huge fan of how talented of a writer Laura Frantz is! I liked the book despite my personal tastes! this is definately one of those books I'll be passing around to my friends to read!!


Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group
".

No comments:

Post a Comment