Thursday, March 1, 2012

Words spoken true

Words spoken True, by Ann H. Gabhart. Adriane grew up in her fathers newspaper shop! She has a passion for the news and writing and no desire to give that up! Not that the town isn't giving plenty of stories for them to write, between the murders of the Irish immigrants and the politics there's plenty of stories to go around! But Adriane soon finds a nemesis in a competing paper! their numbers are going down and his are going up! On top of that it would appear that she is being forced to marry some one she does not love! But soon Adriane finds herself falling for Blake, who is the editor of their competing paper! Who seems to come to her rescue just when she needs it every time!
 I'm not sure what to say about this book? While I think it was fantastically done and so well written, it really holds your attention right to the end. It did have some draw backs. One thing I would have liked to have seen less of is the issue of sex and passion between Adriane and Blake. While it only talked about them having sex after they were married, it seemed like there was just a bit too much focus on that subject! I usually donate my books after I read them to my church library, but just because of that issue I am uncomfortable doing so with this book! If that had been taken out than it would definitely be a book that I would recommend, but that just kind of ruined it for me.


Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment