Friday, April 6, 2012

Heroes and Monsters: An Honest Look at the Struggle within All of Us

Heroes and Monsters: An Honest Look at the Struggle within All of Us, by Josh James Riebock. In this book we read about the life of Josh James Riebock, about his struggles with living with an alcoholic father, to a scarecrow that represents Jesus? He shows us grace, redemption and how life's full of ups and downs! Its not all an easy road!
  I really don't know what to say about this book. I found it very awkward. On one hand he says its an account of his life, but on the other admits to fabricating sections of it? It does have a decent message of grace, but only if you can get through the book. I found it very hard to get through the first few chapters, let alone the entire book. It's a writing style that I'm not fond of, which may have been why I wasn't so thrilled with the book, and why I couldn't get into it. Sorry would love to give this a better review, but I just found it so awkward to read!








Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment