Friday, April 6, 2012

Sarai

Sarai, Wives of the Patriarchs series #1, by Jill Eileen Smith. In this book we get the opportunity to dive a little deeper into the life of Abram and Sarai, while yes it is fictional, it is based on the Biblical story of Sarah and Abraham and offers so much to the imagination. It feels like we get to pry just a little more into their lives by reading this book!
 I did enjoy this book! Its an awkward review, on account of I thought the book was excellent, but by the end of the book I had so much dislike for Sarai lol. She was making me so angry! It did cause me to think more about the story of Abraham and Sarah and to think more of their struggles and what they all gave up to follow what God had told them. Along with Abraham's ability to keep his faith despite what seemed like an empty promise that would never be fulfilled! This is one book that I'm sure will be passed among friends over and over again! very well done!!!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment