Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Loving my actual life

Loving my actual life, by an experiment in relishing what's right in front of me. By Alexandra Kuykendall. In this book we hear lessons learned about loving the life we have rather than the one we wish we had. Treasuring the noise and the chaos, living in the moment, etc. There are so many valuable lessons in this book! I have used them all so many times. Technology time outs is one I've been making an effort with. But my absolute favourite has to be breathe prayers! Such a great tool! When life brings trouble or grief etc, we can use these breathe prayers. So simple and so effective. I know I love being busy, as a mom of four there's a lot to do in this house, but I also find myself wishing for more, feeling like I should be further ahead than where I am, etc. But what I really need is to love what's right in front of me. 

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin communications, inc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment